Tuesday, September 2, 2014

James Dashner Q&A with Answers.com

Answers.com talks with James Dashner about TMR, his writing process, and more.





Check out the highlights: 



On making his work accessible to all age groups:
I just write what I think is awesome, honestly. I never really think about the age of my reader. I love using teenagers as main characters because I think it's a fascinating age. But every single adult in the world was once a teenager, so I think they can really relate. Teenagers are remarkable, and we never give them enough credit. They can do amazing, spectacular things.


On seeing TMR on the big screen:
It's so hard to describe, so surreal and amazing and fantastic. I feel so lucky that Twentieth Century Fox put together this spectacular team to adapt the book to film. I had high expectations, and I can honestly say that they've been exceeded.


On Dylan as Thomas and how he pictured Thomas when writing:
I think he's absolutely perfect. I truly don't remember a Thomas that wasn't Dylan O'Brien at this point. Dylan has become Thomas, and Thomas has become Dylan in my mind, and I couldn't be happier. His performance is going to blow people away.


On the closeness of the adaptation:
I'm extremely pleased with how it's turned out. I consulted on the script and have been involved with the process from the beginning, so I felt like Fox and director Wes Ball really treated the source material with huge respect. I fully support the changes made and feel that they make a lot of sense. Everything remains true to the spirit of the book. Every character is there, every major scene, and it begins and ends like the first book in the series. I feel so fortunate to have had such an immensely positive experience.



Check out the rest of the interview at the source!

No comments:

Post a Comment