Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Aml Ameen talks with PMC Magazine

PMC Magazine talks all things acting, The Butler, The Maze Runner, and more.




Here are the highlights:

On Aml's start in acting:
I grew up in an entertainment family. My father who’s from the Caribbean Island of Saint Vincent was in a band called The Bitches. They were a warm-up act for the Rolling Stones in the Caribbean. I caught the entertainment bug from him, and the movies I watched as a kid with my mum. Home Alone and Thunder Cats began my journey; I’d run around playing those characters and my parents saw the potential in me to be an actor. I then went to Barbara Speake Stage School for 10 years from the age of 6.



On The Maze Runner's franchise potential:
The Maze Runner is an edgy powerful adventure story. It’s only comparison to the successful Hunger Games is that it was once a book for a teen audience. But I think you’ll find it stands on its own as a great piece of cinema. The Maze Runner has an incredible cast of actors helmed by the brilliant Wes Ball, and we bring a real truth to this world. Each character has a story that affects the piece and I’m extremely proud of the film. I play Alby who is a father figure and brother to what essentially are a group of lost boys, The Gladers, and he keeps the order. I believe when people come out to see this film, they’ll come again and again, and this film is gonna draw people of all ages to the cinema.




Check out more from the source!

No comments:

Post a Comment