Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Extra TV talks with TST Cast

Extra TV talks with Kaya, Dylan, Rosa, and Guancarlo on the Scorch Trials set.


Here are the highlights:

On filming Scorch Trials:
Kaya: We're having a lot of fun. We're in a new place; we're in New Mexico this time. We've been on sand dunes in the middle of ruined cities. It's just been so cool to see. It really feels like you're on a movie set. It looks nothing like London or anywhere I've ever been.

Dylan: I love how every week we're at a new location. It almost feels like we're filming four different movies in one.

Rosa: The landscape here is more than perfect for The Scorch. I mean, it's flat, it's dry, it's beautiful. It has this natural terrain that's just stunning.


Dylan on the evolution into Scorch:
In the second book, the world really opens up. So now we go out and you kind of see what's happened to the world and where we're at and the reason that we were put in there. We meet a lot of new characters, other Gladers, so you just find out a lot of answers to the mystery of the first movie.


Giancarlo on Jorge:
I play a character who turns up in the second book named Jorge. You seem to think he might be working for a big corporation called WCKD, who's trying to run the world, but as it turns out, eventually you learn that he is the head of the scavengers, a separate group of folks who've survived The Scorch and he is their leader. 


Kaya on Teresa:
What I'm excited about is that she's starting to unfold the mystery of who she is. You didn't really learn a lot about her in the first movie and I liked that. I like that it was quite a long process. Also, we get to see me running, which isn't fun for me, but I look quite funny, so people will enjoy that. This one is a lot more physical. It's basically a chase movie from the very beginning. I feel kinda fit and healthy and my boyfriend's really proud of me. Once we finish, I'm just going to eat Twinkies and sit on the sofa.

Kaya on cast injuries on set
A little bumps and bruises, here and there, but that's all apart of it. It's good to feel like you've committed to it properly and you've done your best, and get a little war scar, which I think is quite cool.


Giancarlo on the cast:
I had a great day yesterday with Rosa Salazaar (Brenda), who plays my daughter (figure) in this and she's a wonderful actor, as is Dylan and all of the rest of the cast. I feel honored to be, what I think will be, one of the only adults to wind up with all of these young people on their side.


Rosa on Scorch experience:
It's one of the best crews and casts, productions I've ever been on. It's really sweet, really fun. The script is amazing, my part is amazing, and it's nice to come to work and be able to play.


Dylan on the success of Maze Runner:
We're so happy that the first one did well, because we have so much fun doing it. It's a story we all believe in, too. It's that project that's a magical combination of positives for everyone involved.



Great set interview, right? Cannot wait to see more of these crop up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment